If you’re like us, you end up with FAAARRRR too much chocolate at Easter, so it’s nice to use the chocolate to make something different.
I’ve used the leftover eggs that we had to hand, but you do not need to use these specific types of chocolate you can be creative with whatever you have leftover, Malteasers, Smarties, Chocolate Bunnies…. That’s the beauty of Rocky Road, anything goes!
- 350g milk chocolate, broken up
- 100g dark chocolate, broken up
- 50g butter
- 150g digestive biscuits, broken into chunks
- 100g mini chocolate eggs, crushed
- 100g mini marshmallows
- 50g fudge pieces
- 3 creme eggs (broken)
- 50g milk chocolate, melted to drizzle
- 50g white chocolate, melted to drizzle
- 4 creme eggs (broken)
- 50g mini chocolate eggs (whole)
- Line an 8”-10” square tin/ roasting tin with greaseproof paper.
- Break up the biscuits and chocolate eggs into chunks, don’t break them too small. Put them into a large bowl with the creme eggs, mini marshmallows and fudge pieces. Stir to evenly distribute them. Set aside whilst you melt the chocolate.
- In a separate large Pyrex or ceramic bowl, add 50g butter, 350g milk chocolate, 100g dark chocolate. Place the bowl over a pan of boiling water, and make sure the bowl isn’t touching the water. Allow the steam from the pan to melt the chocolate and butter mixture. This will take a little while to melt completely, stir with a spatula until it’s all melted. If you would prefer to use a microwave to melt the chocolate and butter, put the bowl in the microwave for a couple of minutes, then stir for 30 seconds, if there are still lumps, microwave in 10-second bursts until it’s completely melted.
- Pour your crushed biscuits, chocolate eggs, mini marshmallows and fudge into the chocolate mixture and stir until fully combined.
- Pour your Rocky Road mixture into your lined tin and squash it all down with a spatula until level and even.
- In two separate bowls melt 50g of milk chocolate in one bowl and 50g of white chocolate in the other. Once melted, drizzle both over the top of your Rocky Road and sprinkle the broken creme eggs, mini eggs and sprinkles over the top.
- Pop it in the fridge for 2-3 hours to set.
- Once set, remove from the fridge and cut into 16 squares.
Don’t forget to tag @Choccolotties in your photos on social media – links below.
Love, Keeley x